Sharing Help and Hope - a place to encourage and share.

A problem shared is a problem halved....

Friday, January 13, 2012

Comfort Eating

Today I am comfort eating. I know most of you (well, most of the people that come to my mind!) don't do this. But today I am feeling very rebellious. It is a problem. But after a week of rain and melt downs, I am really too tired to care. Immature and irresponsible? Probably. Meh. Don't know if anyone would be game to come and tell me that to my face just now. ;)  I feel a little like Geraldine, from the Vicar of Dibley; I could easily dive into this mix. Don't worry, no germs. There wouldn't be any left for YOU.

This recipe is one I used to make quite a bit, but you will be pleased to know, I haven't made for months. Not the emotional wreck I thought I was - perhaps. But I have to share it with you. It is quick, easy, cheap, rich, lovely. The ingredients are ones that I always have in the cupboard. And it is from the Australia Master Chef winner, Julie Goodwin.

Knock yourself out....  I will. Then I'll have a glass of wine and pretend everything is fine with the world, go to bed and look forward to a better tomorrow. Cue music....


Rich Chocolate Self-Saucing Puddings

1 Cup (150g) self-raising flour
1/4 Cup (25g) cocoa powder
2/3 Cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
100g butter, melted
1/2 Cup (125ml) milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 Cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted, extra
1 Cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar, extra
2 Cups (500ml) boiling water

Preheat oven to 180, and grease six (300ml) ramekins, or oven proof dishes.

Sift the flour and cocoa into a medium bowl, stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Combine butter, milk and egg in a jug. Pour into the well in the flour mixture, stirring and removing lumps. Divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins.

Combine the extra cocoa and brown sugar and spoon over the ramekins. Place them on an oven tray, and carefully pour boiling water over them. Bake for about 20 mins, or until pudding has risen and they are slightly springy to the touch.

Serve immediately with yoghurt, or ice-cream or cream. Seriously, I try not to have ice-cream in the house! At least that is one less thing....? And it is delicious with natural yoghurt, it balances out the sweetness very well.




No comments:

Post a Comment